Aubrey Tsengwa

 
 

Police launch manhunt for killers

Two more die in Knysna shooting

CRIME SCENE: Knysna, Southern Cape: Two men have been shot and killed a day after a former Knysna mayor also died in a hail of bullets in the area.

Western Cape serious violent crime (SVC) detectives have launched a manhunt for the perpetrators of the latest shooting incident on Thursday evening, 20 August 2026. 

According to a Western Cape police spokesperson, Brigadier Novela Potelwa, preliminary reports indicate that the two deceased persons, aged 47 and 48, were in a vehicle in Bongani when they came under fire at approximately 21:00 from unidentified  gunmen. 

The provincial serious violent crimes detective team that had been investigating the fatal shooting of the former mayor and current ward councillor, Aubrey Tsengwa (48), that had occurred on Wednesday evening, had since been reinforced.

Potelwa said additional SVC detectives are in the area to probe the shooting incidents. 

“The motive for both shootings remains the subject of the police investigation. Police are also probing whether the incidents are in any way related,” said Potelwa.

Anyone with information that could assist the ongoing investigations is urged to contact Sergeant Nobuntu Thundezwa on 082 522 1251.